So as I’m getting ready to dig into recommended readings and my own journals/writings, I wanted to frame my process and keep myself on track. Remember what I’ve already figured out, y’know?
And I figured, bonus points, if I lay it out here, maybe I’ll get even more tailored feedback and keywords and suggestions. Shouldn’t hurt.
So here’s my outline of what I know so far about my truth, my beliefs, my direction.
I want to hold on to:
- no hell, no afterlife, no reincarnation, just oblivion
- no conscious/sentient forces, no deities or spirits
- there is a great Unconscious that is always self-balancing; there are energies, and facets
- origin stories are irrelevant to me, not an answer I care about (evolution? bleh)
- no such thing as sin (and doubt of such a thing as evil)
I want to explore:
- timelines, multiverse
- shaping and guiding the present timeline, jarring the wheel of time out of its rut
- states of consciousness and perception (trance, epiphany, abjection, dissociation)
- ritual, and theatre, and not-prayer-but-willing-of-energy
- ways of reading meaning: tarot, elements, patterns
- why others say “everything is sacred,” what that means, how impossible that is to fully constantly hold, how useful is the notion of sacred
I want to reject:
- Gods, intent of supernatural beings, sin, evil, salvation, hell, heaven, reincarnation, evolution
- universality, cultural appropration, unity and oneness
- mindfulnessTM, meditation, visualization