for the august 2015 carnival of aces
an ideal ace community? well, by loose sections:
- citations. of. word. origins.
- identities as tools and maps; easily found, welcoming definitions with histories included; no prescribing or policing.
- no more “everyone has a romantic and a sexual orientation”
- no more “can’t tell the difference between types of attractions” taking over “does not find x attraction a meaningful concept”
- sexual disorders acknowledged, understood, represented, with accessible options and stories and connection opportunities
- no more “just use more lube!!” in response to worries.
- also, sti resources, living with sti’s, end of stigma, enthusiastic acceptance of continued sexual agency
- relatedly: non-alienating, integrated* language for non-binary bodies
- no more militant “everyone needs pap smears!! dangerous and irresponsible to ever say otherwise!”
- instead, acknowledging medical transition plans, agency in healthcare; accuracy in reporting risks/effectiveness, and understanding of risk-taking rights
- same for hormone blockers (and not just puberty blockers)
- representation and understanding of non-agender non-binary people, and no false assertions of the ace community’s trans savviness
- other relevant terms also being readily findable (paper/stone/paper maché; sensory overload;)
- neurodivergences fully understood, embraced, discussed
- race, ethnic, cultural, and national identities, and immigrant status, all integrated, represented, understood, treated respectfully as a matter of course–and never shoved into or out of ace (or allo) identity
- aces of all ages fully comfortable, connected as much as they want, supported in life stages especially older age
- networks of grey folks.
- ready understanding from the layperson about what greyness means.
- no more assumptions that greyness means you will never be attracted to a person
- no more “cuddly safe asexual friend” tropes.
- clear language and integration of grey and ace-spectrum folks, rather than “ace” being unclear
- queenie not having to repost “here goes everything” anymore, and having a surplus of resources/volunteers for her and RFAS
- (hell, a full-fledged competent therapist directory complete w intersections and affordability/healthcare)
- decentralized ace vis/end to AVEN supremacy
- no more spectators showing up to ace conferences (not without getting evicted)
*integrated, as opposed to empowered or liberated or included. actual fundamental integration.