K, so. I’m currently freaking out a little and doing some serious reevaluating. Continue reading
Or, what I’ve seen semi-affectionately called “AceGate.” Continue reading
This post was for the December 2014 Carnival of Aces, which is on Touch, Sensuality, and Non-Sexual Physical Intimacy. Initially 12/31/14 here.
I wish I was presently better able to compose an essay I would be satisfied with. As-is, I’m settling for churning out a rough, timely, more open-ended piece. Much of this is stitched together from previous posts, journal entries, notes. Lots of links, self-quotes. Lots of “I want to talk about X.”
Ambitions. Here are my keywords, the things I’d like to touch on:
- Touch aversion
- Sensory overload
- Sacred touch
- Kink, subbing, states of consciousness enabling touch
- Stone, paper, paper maché; stone butch, stone femme
- Physical integrity and autonomy
- Dissociation, depersonalization, derealization, dpdr
- Presence, embodiment, meditation, contemplative dissociation, rumination, OCD thought-looping and compulsion
- Repression (memory, physical response) and trauma
- Catharsis, processing, theatricality
Hullo permablog world, did I make it in time to party?
I’ve been blogging on Tumblr since 2011 and, well, it worked as a place to make strong statements but bury them in layers of fandom and miscellany in order to dodge criticism. Good job, past self.
Now, however…strong statements ahoy.
I expect this shall be a mix of unburying/dusting off the old, and generating the shiny new.
Topics to include are primarily non-binariness, ace-spectrum, and paper/stone, all intersected with disability and each other. Probably also featuring femmeness, kink, and glitchy grey metaphor feels. Very probably.
Now, is this a reasonable post length? Not essay, not three-liner? Everything’s properly capitalized? *Ok Cool Hey Alright*